Monday, February 18, 2013

The Pencil Sharpener That Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen this fantastic pencil sharpener ALL OVER the internet and on lots of blogs!  Well there's a very good reason it is getting so much attention...it's FANTASTIC!

I was sent this handsome pencil sharpener in return for an HONEST review which is what I am going to give you!  

First, I love the way it looks (excuse the poor pics please)!  It's part retro, part modern design matches any decor!  It comes in blue (the one I received), red, black and green!  I will admit that I would NOT  turn down a pink version (hint, hint Troy).


Second it is super easy to use!   Really it's as easy as 1-2-3!  You can either attach it to a counter or desktop or just stand it on a flat surface.  To sharpen your pencil you simply:
1.  Pinch the black knobs together while extending the silver portion of the sharpener outward.
2.  Pinch the black knobs together again and insert your pencil fully into the sharpener.
3.  Turn the handle a few times until the silver mechanism moves closer to the sharpener base and you know you pencil is perfectly sharpened!  


Have you ever seen a pencil as sharp?  I know you're thinking that it probably breaks easily but it doesn't! And let me assure you the KIDS love how sharp these pencils are!  I love that it makes their writing so much neater!

Want MORE reason's to love it?  Well it's quiet!  Now it's not completely silent but it is BY FAR the quietest pencil sharpener I know of.  In addition, the shavings go into the see-through cup on the bottom so you can easily determine when it needs to be emptied.  The cup easily slides out so you can dispose of the shavings quickly and then it slides right back in.

Perhaps the #1 reason I love this sharpener is that even if it gets dropped on the floor by an overzealous first grader and gets banged up a bit it keeps working!  Granted the shaving cup has a tiny ding in it but the rest of the sharpener looks as good as it did the first day I received it and folks it fell on a CONCRETE floor! 

Now I said I'd be completely honest so therefore I will tell you I did have one small difficulty with the sharpener.  I had several pencil points break inside the sharpening device which caused it to temporarily stop working. HOWEVER, this was SO easy to remedy!  I just quickly pulled off the handle (just a half twist) and then tapped it on the side of the wastebasket and the pencil point went right into the trashcan.  I twisted the handle back on and the sharpener was ready to go!  You can't do that with those big electrical sharpeners!   I don't believe most people who own this sharpener have had this problem, I think perhaps mine may have a tiny imperfection that causes this to happen and it has ONLY happened with colored pencils.
Now seriously folks...this pencil sharpener rocks!

Don't just take my word for it...go check out this sharpener for yourself!  I KNOW you will LOVE it!
Just click the picture below!

7 comments:

  1. I love this pencil sharpener! 2 years and it's still going strong. My kiddos from last year still stop by to sharpen their pencils with this sharpener... seriously. :) Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these so badly, thanks for sharing your great review Karyn:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karyn! So nice to meet you! I found you on DeeDee's blog and wanted to say how fantastic your blog is! I am happy to be your newest follower! Stop by!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karyn!
    I'm your newest follower! This is a great post and a great pencil sharpener. We have one in our house!
    Justin- Writing Pad Dad
    Writing Pad Dad Blog
    Writing Pad Dad on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny how we teachers oooh and aaaah over a pencil sharpener :)
    Only a fellow teacher can understand the greatness!!
    I love your blog design and that adorable dog! Very cute!!

    Nancy
    Joy of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. top branding company cairo Pencil Designs is a top branding and web agency based in Cairo, Egypt. We craft beautiful, unique & exciting brand experiences helping businesses express ideas, cement positioning, design products and go-live.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover