Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Currently and Centers

November is here!  I'm so excited!  It is going to be such a short month!  I'm loving that we don't have  a full week of school the whole month!  Last week we missed two days due to Sandy.  We were all VERY lucky around here and didn't have any damage (some folks had temporary power outages).  Next week we have four days as we have Election Day off (they use the schools for voting) and it's my fiance's birthday!  The following week we have Veteran's Day off and then we have two days the week after so that gives us  FIVE days off for Thanksgiving!  Wahoo!  I'm linking up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade for November's Currently...
This past week we were finally able to fit in the AWESOME Fall Math Work centers from Kimberly at Funky First Grade Fun.
We had SO MUCH FUN!  These work stations include: telling time to the hour and half hour, clothespin addition, clothespin subtraction, addtion +1, subtraction -1 and place value match!  My first graders LOVED the addition +1 game!  My third graders loved the telling time and place value match games and begged to play again and again!  This week I am going to let my firsties play the telling time game (with just the hour cards as we just introduced it to them on Wednesday).  I highly recommend these work stations!  Your kiddos will LOVE them!  Pick up a copy for next year (just click on the picture above to go directly to Kimberly's TpT store)!
As I mentioned in my last post, I've been working on labeling with my firsties and they are starting to get very good at it.  Labeling has been wonderful for improving their vocabulary, language, and reading skills.  This month I'm going to try to work on their writing skills.  I thought I'd share another labeling freebie with you.  If you'd like a copy, just click on the picture below.
Have a great rest of the weekend!  One EXTRA hour of sleep tonight!  I LOVE it!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Karyn,
    What a sweet post! Glad your students liked the work stations! Just bought an iPad this summer and we LOVE it! I also love Lifetime movies. :)
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Karyn! Loved your post!
    I'm your newest follower! Found ya on Farley's Currently!

    I'm need more time too...would love to create more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Turkey for labeling! This is perfect, we are working on labeling too! Happy to be a new follower!
    The Connected Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Karyn - Great blog! I, too, would love more time in the day. Even with the extra hour today...it's going by way too quickly!

    Stephanie @ http://middleschoolmattersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your cute blog and I am your newest follwer! :)


    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through Sped-ventures. I'm a special ed teacher as well in the elementary school and your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I not been to your blog yet?!? Thank you for leaving me a comment so that I could find you!
    I love the labeling activity...going to grab it now!! Thanks!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an iPad and I love it!! Get one, get one!! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing what other teachers are doing in their learning stations. I have several stations up and running in my room, but I'm new to blogging... so I haven't had the opportunity to put them out there in cyber space to share. Check out my blog at http://floatingthroughfirstgrade.blogspot.com/ as I will be putting some of my own ideas online as I get the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute activity. Thank you for the freebie!
    ą®Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nominated your blog for a Liebster award! Check it out Covered in Glitter and Glue 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your turkey labeling! So cute! I am a new follower! And it looks like I got beat by another in nominating your blog for a Liebster award! I hope you check out my blog anyways! :)
    http://mswuteach.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I nominated you too! Well now you're nominated by a lot of people so that is something to be proud of! Your blog is great! Check out the award at Tales of Teaching in Heels

    Enjoy!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I nominated you too. ;)


    http://classroom-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karyn, you are POPULAR! :) I nominated you as well! Haha!

    You can read my post about the LIebster Award here!

    Love your units!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!

    I have nominated you for the Leibster Award. Check out my blog post about it here for more information.

    Carrie
    Floating Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I didn't read the comments above saying that they were all nominating you. Wow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog! Too cute! Thanks so much for the freebie, I will put it in my files for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that turkey labeling activity! Your blog is great and I am your newest follower!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award- stop by my blog to see how it all works.

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm laughing because I just noticed that
    A. you've been nominated for the award a million times... Congrats!
    and
    B. Carrie above me did the same thing I did... wrote a 2nd post saying she too didn't realize it.

    Funny stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover